Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bucket Lists

Recently the kids have been talking about bucket lists. The places and experiences that they wish to do before they die. Okay, that is cool. I have a few things and experiences that I would like to have before I die. So, here are some of mine.

Travel to Alaska with my husband
See the Grand Canyon
Cycle/kayak the Florida Keys
Buy a motorcycle
Buy a Jeep
See the Northern Lights in person
Take a cruise
See all of our children graduate high school/college
Remodel the house
Travel to other countries with my husband (see some of the places he has seen)
Visit my family out of state again (its been over 20 years)

These are some of the things that I can think of. My husband has giving me some experiences that I will never forget.
While we were still dating he arranged for two activities with dolphins. I had a feed and touch session. And later I was able to actually swim with a dolphin. I grabbed the dolphin's fin and she pulled me around the tank. I was scared and excited all in one.
He also took me to my very first rock concert. He surprised me for Christmas with tickets to see Saving Abel, Seether, and Nickelback. The seats were actually on the floor. I was within 10 feet of the stage. I had so much fun. I couldn't hear right for two days and my ankles and back were killing me. We stood in the same spot for 5 hours that night. I brought home two t-shirts and made a memory box with the ticket stub, wrist band, etc.

I hope that each of my children are able to complete some, if not all of their bucket lists. I also hope and pray that as they grow that the list also grows with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment