Saturday, June 27, 2009

High School Years

Looking back in time, I wish that I would have spent more time enjoying my high school years. I played volleyball, basketball and softball. I was involved in several different clubs (VICA, Auto Mechanics, SADD, and French). But once I was old enough to obtain a job, that was all she wrote.
I am a only child of a single parent. If I wanted a class ring, a dress for the prom, Senior pictures, etc I had to buy them. By the time I was a senior, I was working almost full time. At one point in time, I was opening one place, going to school all day, and closing another place.
Don't get me wrong, I learned early the value of a dollar. I paid for basically everything that I ever wanted or needed in high school. My mother would help now and then when I needed some additional help.
My wish for my children is that they learn the value of a dollar, with out sacrificing the enjoyment of their school years. Two of my children begin their journey in high school this year. Everything they know is about to change.
Girls enjoy the next journey. It will have several ups and downs before it ends. I look forward to the joys of your first real "loves", earning your own money, having parties and playing sports, etc. I will be with you through your hard times, broken hearts, and anything else that may occur. Just remember Daddy and I love all of you and we are here no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment